Nickel Toxicity Sources:
- Cocoa, plant foods (nuts), hydrogenated oils, water,
- Soil and sediment (attaches to particles that
contain Iron and Manganese), sewage
- Dental crowns and bridges.
- Jewelry, watch backs and bands.
- Stainless steel manufacturing, electroplating, coal and oil
- Electrical equipment and household appliances.
- Catalysts, pigments, batteries (NiCad), metal and coins containing
- Stainless steel corrosion of food preparation products.
Contributors for Nickel Toxicity Uptake / Retention:
- Iron, copper, or zinc deficiencies.
Preventing Nickel Toxicity Uptake/Retention:
- Riboflavin, antioxidants.
Nickel Toxicity Interactions in the Body:
- Controversial nutrient role in humans, accumulates in kidney, liver, skin,
- Hypersensitizes skin for inflammatory responses in allergic
Nickel Toxicity Symptoms:
- Dermatitis, allergies, increased inflammation.
ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL NICKEL TOXICITY SOURCES
- Tobacco smoke
- Mining, milling, concentrating, smelting, converting or refining
- Manufacturing of batteries
HOUSEHOLD NICKEL TOXICITY
- Nuts, beans, chocolate, oats
- Clothing embellishments
- Color pigments
- Stainless steel cutlery/appliances
- Hair color
MEDICAL NICKEL TOXICITY SOURCES
- Dental restorations
- Prostheses (hip, knee, cochlear, cardiac implants)
- Stainless steel medical equipment (X-ray machines)
- Implanted medical devices
Assess, don't guess!
Learn how to test your urine at home for nickel toxicity for only
Learn how to test
your water for Nickel Toxicity with the WaterCheck Test Kit.
Genova Diagnostics Toxic
& Nutrient Elements Chart
NeuroScience Melissa Test and "Hidden Sources of Metal Exposure"
This is not an
all-encompassing toxicity list. There are other sources of metal exposure not listed herein.
Return from Nickel
Toxicity to Human Heavy Metal Toxicity Symptoms